Student Business Plan Competition
Sponsored by John Pappajohn, Equity Dynamics, Inc., the Pappajohn Student Entrepreneurial Venture Competition is intended for Iowa university and college students with an interest in starting their own business. Plans are judged based on a) Content of Plan and b) Viability of business idea. Three (3) seed grants in the amount of $5,000 are awarded to the top three business plans submitted in the competition. In addition, all finalists receive $500 if not chosen for the top awards.
- Full or part-time undergraduate or graduate students registered during the fall semester at any Iowa post-secondary educational institution are eligible for the competition. High school students enrolled in college credit courses are eligible.
- Plans may be submitted by an individual or by a team of students.
- Teams must consist of at least one student member.
- Teams must consist of five or fewer members.
- Business plans must be for a start-up business only (not for an existing business).
How to Apply
Students will need to submit an executive summary, a one-page Business Model Canvas and financial projections to the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center closest to their home institution.
Coaching is available for North Iowa area students at the Pappajohn Center. Contact kelley.o’firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Executive Summary reference links:
Business Model Canvas reference links:
Financial Projections reference links:
Please reference the Income Statement tab (3-year projections)
Pitch Deck reference links (required of finalists in Round 2):